Working in partnership with the charity 500 Miles and following extensive discussions with the Ministry of Health, a decision was taken to build a new larger prosthetics and orthotics workshop and clinic in Kamuzu Central Hospital. This was as a result of the outstanding success of the existing clinic, built by City Building (Glasgow) LLP in 2008. The new clinic will enable a greater number of patients to be fitted with prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Created a Library and IT learning centre at Kamuzu Central Hospital in Lilongwe. This was done in partnership with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow.
- Delivered a programme of IT training to medical and administrative staff at Kamuzu Central Hospital in Lilongwe.
- Installed IT equipment in a selected number of primary schools in Lilongwe, identified by the Local Education Authority. PCs supplied by Access (Glasgow) LLP.
- Delivered a programme of IT training to teaching staff in Lilongwe, identified through the Local Education Authority.
- Installed IT equipment in local government offices in Lilongwe City Assembly and Dedza City Assembly.
- Delivered IT training to local government employees, identified by Lilongwe City Assembly and Dedza City Assembly.
- Reviewed ongoing support for Kamuzu Central Hospital and Open Arms Orphanage.
- Monitoring visits to projects currently being funded.
- Met with officials at Hansen's Disease management centre at Utale to discuss ongoing and future support.
- Met with Malawian Youth Parliament to discuss visit by Scottish Youth Parliament to Malawi in 2011.
- Met with Health Ministry to plan for extension of prosthetics and orthotics clinic and workshop building project in partnership with the charity 500 Miles.
- Continued work on pilot waste management project with Lilongwe City Assembly, funded through the Commonwealth Local Government Forum.